jueves, 7 de mayo de 2009

Favourite CD

Hello Bloggers!

Today I'd like you to write about your favourite cd. I have lots of favourite cds. I really like The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie because it was one of the first cds I owned (I used to be a big Bowie fan).


Another cd I like a lot is Blue Lines by Massive Attack. When this cd first came out it sounded like a soundtrack for modern Britain and it was described as a trip hop masterpiece.

However, I think my favourite album is Astral Weeks by Irish singer Van Morrison. The sound is a mixture of jazz and folk music which Morrison describes as "Celtic Soul". It is a a very special cd. It was record live in the studio and many of the songs were improvised. The lyrics are really special and they remind me of stories by James Joyce or Jack Kerouac. Morrison's voice is amazing.


Although it was recorded almost 40 years ago, it still sounds fresh and exciting. I first heard it at my eldest sister's house when I was about 11 or 12. At that time I prefered another Van Morrison cd (Hard nose the highway) but over the years I've played Astral Weeks more. I think my favourite track is Madame George.

So, tell me about your favourite cd.

Who's it by,
When did you hear it for the first time,
What your favourite song is,
Why you like this cd.
About 80 words please!


Check it out!

3 comentarios:

  1. hi! simon!

    see you next week! and have a nice weekend.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hello man of the eighty words!!!

    how are you?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. hi simon!! I like Massiv Attack too, and also I have the disc "Blue Lines", is excellent!

    ResponderEliminar